Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On the Street....Shoeshine, Buenos Aires

I watched this typical "street shoeshine" scene from my car while we drove to an appointment in Buenos Aires.

Nothing particularly special...until!...the shine administrator wrapped a plastic cuff around the left sock of the client to protect the client's sock from the shoe polish.

So thoughtful!

This might be common practice in some communities but I, personally, have never seen that maneuver.

Recently there has been a big, bordering on huge, trend towards old school barber shops opening in New York City. I would love to see an equal re-emergence of shoe shine stands. Maybe they should be inside the barber shops (hint, hint). I mean, I'm doing nothing but looking at old magazines while I wait for my turn anyway, why not get a shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment